Per NFPA, IRI & FM Standards
Click image to view full-size.
- - - - - Dashed lines indicate field installed piping and equipment.
______ Solid lines indicate factory installed piping and equipment.
1. Oil Burner Flex Hose - 321 stainless steel construction, braided
2. Gauge Shutoff Valves - 1/4" N.P.T. needle valve
3. Pressure Gauge - Wika 4" dial, stainless steel case
4. Globe Valve - Milwaukee, 300#, with replaceable seat and disc
5. Check Valve - Milwaukee 300#
6. Oil Safety Shutoff Valve, 2 way - ASCO General Controls, normally closed, with proof of closure switch
7. Oil Safety Shutoff Valve, 3 way - ASCO General Controls, normally closed, with proof of closure switch
8. Gate Valve - Milwaukee, 300#, with replaceable gate
9. Oil Flow Control Valve - Maxon, characterizable (12 points)
10 and 11 Required for Preheated Oil
10. Thermometer - Weksler, 3" dial, all stainless steel construction
11. High & Low Oil Temperature Switch - Burling, with visible set point indication
12. Low Oil Pressure Switch - Mercoid, with visible set point indication
13. Pressure Gauge - Wika 4" dial, stainless steel case
14. Strainer - Mueller, with 30 mesh screen
15 and 16 Optional Equipment
15. Gate Valve
16. Fusible Link
01 = Fusible Link and Gate Valve, Items 14 and 15, shiped loose for field installation. (The fusible link is an FM requirement. It is not required by NFPA 8501 or IRI)
02 = Replace items 6 & 7 with two Maxon safety shutoff valves and an ASCO oil return line shutoff valve.
NEMA 4 - Changes items 3, 6, 7, 11, 12 & 13 to weather proof (NEMA 4)
Specifications for Oil Train Piping & Fittings
Schedule 80 pipe with 300# malleable iron threaded fittings
Oil Supply Pressure
To inlet of oil train
150 psig, for units up to 120mm Btu/hr heat input
200 psig, for units with heat inputs greater than 120mm Btu/hr
Low Pressure Units
If the available oil pressure is lower than listed above, enter (S) in position 13 of the burner model number and note the oil pressure on the burner package specification sheet.
The oil flow control valve, Item 9, will be an electric or pneumatic positioning type if the combustion control selected is one of the following:
NON Standard Parallel Positioning System
Full Metering System
Return to Faber Burner Main Page