Main Gas Train
Per NFPA, IRI & FM Standards
Click image to view full-size.
- - - - - Dashed lines indicate field installed piping and equipment.
______ Solid lines indicate factory installed piping and equipment.
1. Gas Burner Pressure Gauge - Wika 4" dial, stainless steel case
2. Gauge Shutoff Valve - 1/4" N.P.T. needle valve
3. Gas Flow Control Valve - Maxon, characterizable (12 points)
4. Plug Valve with Wrench - Homestead
5. High & Low Gas Pressure Switches - Mercoid, with visible set point indication
6. Gas Safety Shutoff Valves - Maxon, normally closed, with proof of closure switches
7. 3 Piece Full Port Ball Valve, lockable in the open position - Apollo
8. Vent Valve - ASCO, normally open, full port
9. Leak Test Valves - 1/4" N.P.T. needle valves, plugged with 1/4" pipe plug
10. Pressure Gauge with Shutoff Valve - Wika 4" dial, stainless steel case with 1/4 N.P.T. needle valve
11. Gas Train Supply Manual Vent Valve - Apollo full port with lockable handle
12. Main Gas Pressure Regulating Valve - American Meter
13. Pressure Gauge with Shutoff Valve - Wika 4" dial, stainless steel case with 1/4" N.P.T. needle valve
14. Gas Strainer
15. Plug Valve with Wrench - Homestead
MG1 = Main Gas Pressure Regulating Valve and Accessories - Includes items 10, 11, 12, 13 (shipped loose for field installation) and installation drawings and manuals. If option MG1 is selected, note the gas supply pressure on the burner package specification sheet.
MG2 = Gas Strainer, Item 14, shipped loose for field installation
MG3 = Gas Plug Valve with wrench, Item 15, shipped loose for field installation
NEMA 4 - Changes items 1, 5, 8, 10 & 13 to weatherproof (NEMA 4)
Specifications for Main Gas Train Piping & Fittings
3" Pipe and smaller sizes = Schedule 40 pipe with 150# malleable iron threaded fittings
Pipe larger than 3" = Schedule 40 pipe with standard weight butt weld fittings
Gas Supply Pressure
To inlet of main gas train:
10 psig regulated, for units with heat inputs less than 120 mmBtu/ht
15 psig regulated, for units with heat inputs greater than 120 mmBtu/hr
Low Pressure Units:
If the regulated gas supply pressure is lower than that listed above, enter (S) in position 13 of the burner model number and specification sheet. Note the available gas pressure on the burner package.
The gas flow control valve, Item 3, will be an eletric or pneumatic positioning type if the combustion control selected is one of the following:
NON Standard Parallel Positioning System
Full Metering System
Return to Faber Burner Main Page