For New WB Package Burners or Used to Upgrade and Replace Obsolete Systems
Faber Burner Company supplies flame safeguard systems to comply with NFPA 8501 (single Burner), 8502 (Multiple Burners), 8504 (Fluid Bed Boiler), 8505 (Stoker), IRI, FM, or your own stringent requirements.
|The standard sequencer is either a Fireye® E110™, or Allen-Bradley* SLC 500 ™ series processor. Custom systems with other components are available.
To download our bulletin in PDF form
please click on the image to your left.
Selecting the right Faber Flame Safeguard System
Click image to view sample models.
Flame Safeguard Model Identification
Click here to view Faber's Flame Safeguard Systems
1. Sequencer type - Enter one of the following
2. Flame Scanner Type - Enter one of the following
- E110 = Fireye E110 Flame Monitor
- E110/E300 = Fireye E110 Flame Monitor with Fireye E300 Expansion Module
- SLC1 = Allen-Bradley SLC500/01 programmable controller & 14 point annunciator
- SLC4 = Allen-Bradley SLC500/04 programmable controller & 14 point annunciator
- SLC5 = Allen-Bradley SLC500/05 programmable controller & 14 point annunciator
3. Insurance Requirements - Enter one of the following
- UV = Self checking ultraviolet (UV) scanner & UV Flame Amplifier
- IR = Infrared (IR) Scanner & IR Flame Amplifier
4. Water Level Relays - Enter one of the following
- NFPA/IRI = National Fire Protection Association and Industrial Risk Insurers
- NFPA/IRI/FM = National Fire Protection Association, Industrial Risk Insurers, and Factory Mutual
5. Options - Enter as many as required, separate entries by back slashes
- WO = None
- W1 = Low Water Cutout Relay
- W2 = W1 plus, Low Water Level Alarm, High Water Level Alarm, and Alarm Bell (Alarm bell rings until the water level is restored to the proper level)
- W3 = W2 plus, Water Level Alarm Bell Silence Push Button, and Water Level Abnormal Light (The push button silences the alarm bell, the light remains on until the water level is restored to the proper level)
6. Enter (S) if any special requirements and note the requirement
- FC = Fuel change at low fire without shutting the unit down
- N4 = NEMA 4 enclosure in lieu of the standard NEMA 12 enclosure
- RP = Free standing remote panel in lieu of the standard burner mounted panel
- SF = Simultaneous firing of two fuels, an Allen-Bradley SLC 500 series processor is required for this option.
- For example: Customer requires the following dry contacts for remote annunciation, Burner On, Burner Flame Failure, High Water Level Alarm and Low Water Level Alarm.
If the available flame safeguard power supply is other than 120 vac/3 phase/60 hertz, enter (s) in the position 6 on the flame safeguard model number, and note the available flame safeguard power supply on the burner specification sheet.
Return to Faber Burner Main Page