Quality Combustion Control Systems
FABER Burner Company offers a complete selection of combustion control systems.
Single Point Positioning: A rugged “Jackshaft” system. The most reliable and cost effective system for boilers up to approximately 90,000 lb/hr steaming capacity.
Parallel Positioning: The fuel flow control valves and air flow control damper are “linked” electrically. Used on systems with a remote mounted fan when a single point system would be impractical. Typically, this system is used on boilers with a steaming capacity greater than approximately 80,000 lb/hr.
Metering Control System: This system measures fuel and air flow, while positioning the fuel flow control valve and air flow control damper to maintain a predetermined fuel-to-air ratio. Built in “Cross-limiting” ensures that a safe fuel-to-air ratio will be maintained. This system is typically used on larger boilers or when the simultaneous firing of two fuels, such as landfill gas and natural gas, is required.
Selecting the right Faber Combustion Control System.
Click image to view examples.
1. Combustion Control Type - Enter one of the following:
Single Point Positioning
Parallel Positioning (with Actuator Position Feedback)
- SPP-MR - Jackshaft with Master Regulator (Enter this in positions 1 & 2)
- SPP - Jackshaft with Actuator, firing rate controller, and steam pressure transmitter
- PP - Fuel valve jackshaft, fuel valve actuator, air flow actuator, firing rate controller, and steam pressure transmitter
- FM - Fuel and air flow elements and transmitters, flow control valves and air flow control actuator, fuel, air, and steam pressure controllers, and steam pressure transmitter
2. Type of Actuators - Enter one of the following:
- This position will have MR if master regulator is required
- PN - Pneumatic actuators with 4-20ma input
- EC - Electric actuators with 4-20ma input
3. Oxygen Trim - Enter one of the following:
- 00 - None
- 01 - Oxygen Trim System
4. Feedwater Control - Enter one of the following:
- F0 - None
- F1 - Single element feedwater control, includes feedwater controller and drum level transmitter
- F2 - F1 plus steam flow element and steam flow transmitter
- F3 - F2 plus feedwater flow element and feedwater flow transmitter
5. Draft Control - Enter one of the following:
- D0 - None
- D1 - Draft control, includes draft transmitter and draft controller
6. Faber View Touch Screen Operator Interface - Click Here for Demo - Enter one of the following:
- 00 - None
- FV - Faber View Touch Screen Operator Interface (Not available with SPP-MR type combustion control option)
7. Enter (S) if any special requirements and note requirement:
- For example - Use the 4-20ma signal from the existing Oxygen analyzer in the oxygen trim system, or use the 4-20ma signal from the exiting Steam pressure transmitter. OR No Steam pressure transmitter required; 4-20ma demand signal will be from the existing plant master.
Return to Faber Burner Main Page